If you wanna know more...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Post from the Past

These were some of the post that I was able to gather from the last blog that I lost.. I just couldnt resist reoposting it!!!


 

 "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all that He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

 


 
I love you all!

A Christmas Cure for Cynicism and Skepticism
Friday I arrived home for christmas break... after a long and hard semester! Once finals rolled around i was almost to the point of not caring anymore! How i made it through is by the "Grace of God"... ever heard someone say that nonchalanty? I have more, and i am guilty of doing it also... i have said it more times than i can count.. but it wasnt until this morning that I can really tell you i learned just what the "Grace of God" really was. You know those times that you dont deserve something but you get it? thats Gods grace or those times that you feel like you are going to drown in an ocean full of all the mistakes you have made but some how you make it to shore safe and dry? ... well thats Gods Grace too.
My family and I are going through a rough time and have been for the past couple of of weeks and even months. So when I got in my car today to head to church I asked God "Lord tell me something you want me to know".... because as Sinners we get to caught up in asking God for the things we want in life and not enough of what he wants out of us. Well God sure did answer that prayer this morning! I met my bestfriend Ellen at church this morning.. we went about our regular routine of meet and greet and then on to the front row we go! ... church started off with the Childrens Message.... the children gathered around and sat to listen to the young man explain the difference about Gods grace ( the full bottle of water) and the opposite of Gods grace ( the half empty one) he demonstrated to the kids that Gods grace is always full in abundance where as anything else is not! ... i thought wow! how true!... but it wasnt until Mr. Steve came up to preach that it really clicked to me how great and amazing Gods grace is. he started off the sermon with asking two questions.. what is grace and what is the truth!

1.Grace- is something that we dont derserve
2.Truth- what is truth and can we find it within people!
- are we truthful no matter what?-- and do we keep our word no matter how much it hurts us?

What is the Problem with Grace and truth?
* we all become so cynical and so skepitcal that we lose touch of theses and make substitutes?
what could those subsitutes be? --> local bars,intimate relationships
everyone wants an intimate relationship but we cant give up on what we believe or derserve due to the fact that we just want physical touch or love to make us feel loved. Rely on God to give you that intimate relationship .. have an intimate relationship with Christ Jesus!
But Grace is having enough love to overlook the flaws of someone you love but being able to say Stop! I love you etc. if you see something going on that shouldnt! Dont become apart of a church that will love you straight to hell and that also stands true for the people you surround yourself by! ( surround yourself with other Godly people)

Truth- we need security... we want the truth! (Naturally as humans)
what do we use as substitutes or this? --- information we live in a world full of information BUT it is not the truth of age and the information we are looking at on the internet or any other source will  not help us to make valued judgements.

We are emersed in a world where God and Truth can not be found!!! so whats the soultion:

this is : "and the world became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth"- John 1: 14

Grace and Truth has found us through the holy spirt who is perfectly made.

God is Grace --- he is full of it!
Grace and Love is real----look at the Cross!! what does that say?
God is full of truth-- he says " I am full of truth"

We all just need alot more Jesus with that we will be full of grace and truth in balance of one another.

Do not surrender to cynicism or skeptimism surrender to God: look for love and acceptance in God and not in any other of those wrong places! and dont look for truth in all the "information places" look for it in God!

                   HE IS FOREVER FAITHFUL IN HIS PROMISES
This sermon was something I know i really needed to hear from God and I am praying continually that his grace and truth will be upon my family in this trialing time that we are going through!!!! Thanks to all that have keep my family and I in your prayers... I know eventually God will provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment