This past weekend I made the trek down to Goula' for this cuties 1st birthday Party! We stayed up late making cupcakes and decorating all for this special little one. Dallas was so much fun the day of the party. I was able to take a whopping 230 pictures and had so much fun doing it! I can not believe he is 1. I love that lil man so much!
Monday, July 9, 2012
After having Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off.. I had so much that I did and so much to talk about for days but I'm just going to talk about a few.
1. Thursday- Me and mom decided to go down to Baton Rouge to visit with my great grandmother. on the way we went through Denham Springs to antique shop.. we had such a fun girls day more pictures to come.
2. We got to visit some with Ma on Thursday night and Friday before heading home.
3. Friday night I helped Allison with her dresser for her new house next year... it was quite a trick..the woman that had the dresser before her painted it many different colors to say the least
4. Saturday night I was Ellen's Date to a wedding- I got to visit and see a lot of folks I have not seen in what feels like years added with a couple glasses of wine which always = good company
5. I had a very lazy Sunday, however- we salvaged some old bird nest and I spray painted them to serve as little nic- nacs on my pallet shelf I just recently made.
I hope everyone had a great weekend- Stay posted for pics of the most recent projects and of our trip to Denham Springs, Louisiana
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
We often sometimes do not realize what others think about God outside of our own immediate comfort zone/family/ etc. .... Check this video out! Precious! .... I recently posted on Facebook that " Frogs cant run and snakes cant walk"... we cant expect everything to go our way sometimes and we sure cant have expectations out of people who can not clearly feel a void that only God can... however we sometimes forget that because we become so impatient with God and not allowing God to answer prayers in our " timely fashion" so we look to other worldly things.... but just remember God has paper work ;) he hears all and sees all.. remember he fights for you!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
1. saying Good bye to Ian on Friday was not a weekend favorite at all but .... to keep a positive mindset it is the first day i could mark down off my calendar ... yes the countdown begins... Ill be much more excited in the weeks to come.
2. Girls night with mom and Ellen along with Mrs. Clair and Susan was fun! a bottle of wine and pasta from Amerigos can put a full happy smile on this girls face any day. We also had a girls night painting nails and watching Miss Mississippi Saturday night with Mexican food prepared by Momma Jussely.
3. Saturday me and mom went antique shopping all afternoon despite the heat... we got some pretty cheap finds one being the antique chair that will go with my desk.. pretty pumped..
4. the other cheap find was the shadow box that is now occupied by one of the many sunflowers Ian has sent to me along with the card he gave me on our one year celebration along with a pic and a sweet "i love you" he left me to find. Still not completed but I like it... i like it alot!!
5. Beautiful Sunday Morning on July 1st! Lunch with the Jussely Family.. which is always a plus! ....
See Ya Soon!
Monday, May 28, 2012
Just as if God was saying this directly to me, and so many times he does just that!
just as he says in the song... -->lyrics (translations)
"hold on to me as we go"- God telling us to trust him
"as we roll down this unfamiliar road"- sometimes we are taking down paths we are not accustomed to which gives us just one more reason to trust in him
"this wave is stringing us alone
just know your not alone, because i'm going to make this place your home"- Just know that if you trust in God your not alone and he is preparing for you an eternal home.
" settle down it will all be clear
don't pay no mind to the demons they fill you fear
trouble it might drag you down
if you get lost you can always be found" -clear your mind and do not get caught up in the troubles of worry in this world because he will take care of you, nor should you get caught up in the demons ( sin ) but if for some reason you do you can still be found
(forgiven) and ( saved ).
He calms our fears and walks right next to us and makes his kingdom our "Home"
Monday, May 21, 2012
I have started this book and through reading it I have realized that there are many things in my life that are a gifts and until now I have never realized it. The book has inspired me to start keeping a list of the the gifts in my life ( big or small) From here on out Monday's Motivational post will also be posted with gifts in my life of each Monday.
- Morning snuggles with Ian before leaving the coast this morning.
- the sweet ring to Ian saying " see ya tomorrow"...sounds corny BUT when your doing a long distance thing its quite a comforting thing!
- quite peaceful ride home and arriving safely
- lunch with mom and Austin-Man
- finding my new place of employment ( very blessed that God answered my prayers )
- having Austins help bring my stuff into the house
- relaxing afternoon
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday.. Tomorrow Top 5 Tuesday!See ya then! :)