If you wanna know more...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Simple Things

First and Foremost let me just gloat on how sweet of a boyfriend I have! After a whole day of not feeling well and preparing for a test these arrived at the house with my name on them! It was such a sweet surprise! 
Flowers are so simple and make my day! And that just what he did! They remind me of one of my favorite bible verses Proverbs 15:13 "A joyful heart makes a cheerful face" to me it speaks about the joy in ones heart or another s heart and how it brings cheer to ones face! To me Ian has one of the most joyful hearts that I have ever known. To me his heart speaks volumes about the person that he is! And I am very lucky or better yet blessed to have him all to myself!!! The Flowers defiantly made my day and rest of my week. 

This week has been a very busy one and I am beyond ready for the weekend! Tuesday was great and had a wonderful bible study that like always brightens my day! We are on our second to last week of bible study :( I sure have loved getting to know and grow with my small group! They are wonderful girls who's hearts and lives I have also loved getting to know! We have been doing our bible study on Timothy Keller's book, Counterfeit Gods! Exceptional book that I recommend to everyone! It dissects every part of a persons life and the idols that we put before our God a lot of the times! Last night a lot of what the book has talked about over the past few weeks really sank in! Its amazing to me at just how much we unconsciously and even consciously put before God, and no matter what he never leaves or abandons us. I was reminded last night at just how blessed I am to be loved by such a wonderful God but yet I am so undeserving! Gods grace is so beautiful to me! And he gives us so much hope for our life and future. 
 
‎"And HOPE does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the holy spirit who was given to us"-Romans 5:5

I encourage everyone to think hard about the Idols we have in our life and try and put the desires of having those idols away and replacing them with God! 
Love you all-
Melissa 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment